On the margins of the 2021 ESIL Catania Research Forum ‘Solidarity: The Quest for Founding Utopias of International Law’, the EUGlobal Interest Group is organizing an online event entitled ‘The EU’s global role with respect to the principle of solidarity under international law: a quest for normativity?’ on 15 April 2021 at 10:00 to 12:30.
If you wish to take part in this EUGlobal side event, please register via the Research Forum registration platform. All registered participants will receive a link for the IG workshop in due time.
10.00 – 10.10
Jed Odermatt (IG EUGLOBAL; City, University of London): Welcome and Introduction to the Workshop
10:10 – 10.35
- Despoina Poutakidou (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki): “The quest for solidarity: Human rights provisions in European Union’s international trade agreements”
- Discussant: Elaine Fahey (City, University of London)
10.35 – 11.00
- Elisabet Ruiz Cairò (Université de Genève): “The principle of solidarity in global health: Any lessons from the European Union?”
- Discussant: Anniek de Ruijter (University of Amsterdam)
11:00 – 11:25
- Pascal McDougall (Harvard Law School): “The European Union and International Solidarity at the Intersection of Labour Rights and the Environment”
- Discussant: Tonia Novitz (University of Bristol)
11.25 – 12.15: Q & A session – further comments and debate
12.15 – 12.30: Concluding remarks of the IG EUGLOBAL conveners